Thursday, March 7, 2024 at Liberty North
Celebrate women that inspire!
Join The Waitlist To Join The Celebration!
We are officially SOLD OUT! However you can join the waitlist in case we have any cancellations.
The Barrie Chamber of Commerce is proud to offer the Women in Business Awards for 2024. An awards luncheon that provides a platform to recognize the women that lead and succeed in Barrie. The nomination process is open to members of the public to nominate, recognize and encourage a woman or woman led business or organization that has excelled beyond their expectations over the past year. This awards program aims to honour local women who have shaped our community! By acknowledging social responsibility, entrepreneurial spirit, risk taking and innovation; trail blazers and leaders in our community will receive the recognition and accolades they so richly deserve.
#WIB2024 #PowerfulWomen #BarrieChamber #WomenInBusiness
Meet Our MC's!
We're thrilled to announce that the fabulous Amy Aust and the ever-entertaining Charlie from 107.5 Kool FM will be gracing us as MCs for this year’s Women in Business Awards!
Amy, a Barrie native and a voice that's been captivating our airwaves for nearly two decades, will bring her dynamic energy and infectious enthusiasm. As a self-proclaimed foodie, pop culture aficionado, and social butterfly, her vibrant spirit is sure to add an extra layer of excitement to our event!
Joining her is Charlie, whose wit and charm light up the mornings on Kool FM. Known for sharing her hilarious and relatable 'mom thoughts', she's guaranteed to keep us smiling and engaged. Her knack for storytelling and bringing laughter to the everyday will make our celebration even more memorable.
We can't wait to come together to celebrate the achievements of phenomenal women in business with our hosts who embody the spirit of our community. It’s going to be filled with inspiration, celebration, and thanks to our MCs, a lot of fun!
Keynote Speaker: Candice Thomas
Candice Thomas, a force to be reckoned with, holds multiple titles and is a true leader of change. As the CEO of Evergreen Wellness Studio, founder of the Liv Mohr Project, and a fierce advocate for Maternal Mental Health, her impact is undeniable.
Candice's innovative approach to healthcare is evident in her creation of a collaborative care model. By bringing together a team of skilled practitioners and instructors, she ensures a comprehensive approach to treatment that addresses the root cause of health concerns.
Evergreen Wellness Studio, a multidisciplinary integrative wellness studio, is breaking down barriers between physical and psychological health. With a specific focus on women's health, Candice is determined to provide more support and raise awareness in this area.
Candice's advocacy work and unwavering passion for change in the healthcare system are truly inspiring. In just two years, she has helped raise over $35,000 in funding for Perinatal Mental Health services in the Barrie community. Candice proudly received the 2023 Barrie Chamber of Commerce Women in Business, "Heart and Soul" award.
Not only is Candice a force in her professional life, but she is also a devoted mother to her two daughters, Olivia and Ada – Future change makers!
Candice Thomas BAHSc, RMT, CEO
100 Caplan Ave Unit 1, Barrie, ON L4N 9J2
Thursday, March 7, 2024
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM EST
11:00 am- Registration & Networking
12:00 pm- Welcome from MC's & Lunch Served
Keynote Speaker: Candice Thomas, CEO - Evergreen Wellness Studio
Presentation of Women in Business Awards
*Subject to change
Launch of Nominations (and Acceptances Open):
Thursday, November 30, 2023
Wednesday, January 3, 2024 at 2:00pm
Monday, January 22, 2024 at 2:00pm
Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Wednesday, February 7, 2024 at 2:00pm
Friday, February 9, 2024 at 12:30pm
Early Bird Ticket Rates Close:
Monday, February 12, 2024 at 11:59PM
Ticket Sales Close:
Wednesday, February 28, 2024 at 11:59PM
Thursday, March 7, 2024
- Fresh caprese salad - Vine ripened tomatoes and fior di latte cheese finished with cracked black pepper and sea salt and drizzled with Tuscan Strawberry Aged Balsamic Vinegar and Green Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil harvested in Spain, November 2023 from Olive Oil Co – Barrie, Newmarket, Midland, Orillia
- Vegan/ Dairy free - Caprese salad with no cheese
- Kale crunch salad with cucumbers, roasted beets, fried chickpeas, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, and pickled red onions topped with fresh lemon and herb marinated chicken breast drizzled with Pomegranate Balsamic paired with Herbes de Provence Olive Oil from Olive Oil Co – Barrie, Newmarket, Midland, Orillia (G.F./ D.F.)
- Vegetarian/Vegan option will be the same salad topped with tofu cubes marinated with Sicilian Lemon Balsamic and Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil and marinated tofu cubes. From Olive Oil Co – Barrie, Newmarket, Midland, Orillia
- Blueberry Custard tart finished with Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar marinated berries from Olive Oil Co – Barrie, Newmarket, Midland, Orillia
- Vegan/ Dairy free/ Gluten free - Vegan chocolate brownie cake with Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar marinated berries from Olive Oil Co – Barrie, Newmarket, Midland, Orillia